Powers Farley provides personal, responsive, and high-quality legal services to clients in Idaho and the Pacific Northwest.
Dustin Charters is a native of the area, growing up in Emmett, and through that gained a wealth of knowledge regarding large equipment, livestock, and general farming practices. His experiences growing up on a farm helped mold his character and work ethic. He graduated from Gonzaga University with a B.S. in political science and earned his law degree from the University of Idaho. After law school, Dustin clerked for the Honorable Chief Judge David W. Gratton of the Idaho Court of Appeals.
Since joining the firm in April 2013, Dustin’s practice has focused on complex civil litigation, with an emphasis on personal injury, professional liability, and construction matters. Dustin has also developed a keen affinity and knowledge base handling a wide array of insurance law issues, including policy interpretation, coverage analysis, and bad faith litigation.
As part of his practice, Dustin has investigated and handled every aspect of preparing a case for trial. He has experience in the investigation of accidents, analyses of injuries sustained, and assessing the need for future care. He has also worked with a litany of experts to understand not only how an accident occurs, but also the medicine involved in the treatment of an injury. On behalf of his client, Dustin has successfully briefed and argued a wide array of motions, including complex motions for summary judgment.
When Dustin is not in the office or the courtroom, he can be found enjoying time with his family or on the golf course.
- University of Idaho College of Law, Moscow, Idaho
- J.D. - 2011
- Gonzaga University
- B.A. - 2008
- Major: Political Science
- Honorable Chief Judge David W. Gratton of the Idaho Court of Appeals, Clerk
- American Bar Association, Member
- Idaho Association of Defense Counsel, Board Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Idaho State Bar Litigation Section, Member
- Idaho State Bar Corporate and Business Law Section, Member
- Boise Adjuster’s Association, Member
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- Insurance Breach of Contract and Bad Faith Insurance
- Coverage Analysis
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- U.S. District Court District of Idaho
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit